Blogs

Sunday, January 25, 2009
People their whole life search for expression. They search for a medium to reveal their thoughts and emotions. Some go to psychologist. Some talk to themselves or close friends. Some don’t or can't do either and search their whole lives to be able to release the tightness in their chest and fog in their heads. So what stops people from just standing up in a room and shout at the world? Self-conscious people we are, being able to avoid that has not been solved. Sure some writers did it by writing the novel. Who is going to judge the author instead of the character? Did people truly think Dostoevsky would kill?

Man has searched wide and far for expression, to combine the elements of expression with elements of discretion. Man has found one tool; Blogs.

It seems we forgot this. We forgot to express. We forgot what the purpose is. Now we are news commentary. We are religious advocates. What happened?

10 comments:

Just like a guy said...

Don't be so sure of yourself here. In the beginning it is possible to use a blog as a tool to release all your pent-up whatever, but after you've been doing it for a while you realize that societal pressure is very much present in the blogosphere.

Rationally pious said...

And then the point becomes what?

Rationally pious said...

That is the funny part. We run and run and look back and the world is still running behind us, step by step. Why is it about venting? Why is not about full and real expression?

Just like a guy said...

What does the point become? Believe you me, I still express myself pretty well on my blog, but I certainly censor myself. I guess it's the natural human struggle between the desire for expression and that of acknowledgment. The one infringes on the other.

Rationally pious said...

How to you express and censor at the same time? Either you fear social rejection or you don't. I think it is sad that this great medium of human expression is wasted, and all that is left is trivial and inane.

Is it possible that people are foolish? Is it possible that they don't feel and don't think?

Just like a guy said...

Very simple. We all do it all the time. Look at my latest post. I really want to say a lot things, but because my audience is what it is I can't.
More's the pity.

Most people are morons.

Rationally pious said...

I will say this about humanity. We have serious mechanical biases and flaws. We are self serving. We are vain. But at the end of the day I think we care no? Or do we care also for self serving purposes. All I ask is people should think and should try and express themselves honestly; it has nothing to do with intelligence it has to do with courage.

I don’t have the answers, but I look forward to some stimulating conversation online, a self-selecting community.

Just like a guy said...

You want people to express themselves honestly? Give up now. Sorry to sound so cynical.
Yeah. If you want those kinds of discussion you'll sometimes find them on TRS and its attendant blogs.

Rationally pious said...

Yes i do. What have they to lose? They are anonymous. Ghost write if you have to. your objective should be truth and expression.

Just like a guy said...

Truth and expression are often mutually exclusive. Bichlal, claiming that you're seeking the truth is quite pretentious. Anyway, what's the point of producing unacknowledged genius? One of the main reasons I blog is because I want attention. That is hard to get anonymously.